Thursday, April 17, 2008

pizza



having all boys and a husband that does not cook i have made it my mission to teach my boys to cook. lucky for me they both love to be in the kitchen. on tuesday night they helped make pizza, it is a family favorite, and if you help make it you get to decide what goes on your pieces. campbell had pepperoni and lots of cheese and wilson had pepperoni, olives, "salad"(spinach), and also lots of cheese.


in the last year i have started making my own pizza crust, much easier than it sounds. alison had told me i could handle it and though it took a long time for me to believe her, she was right.
1 c warm water
1 package of yeast
1/2 t sugar
1/2 t salt
put those in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes
then knead in
2 1/2 c. flour ( we use wheat)
and 1 T oil
put in an oiled bowl for 1 hour
roll out onto 2 pans, top with favs and cook for 12-15 min at 450

oh, if you are under 5 and going to eat your own pizza it is okay to cook without a shirt!

1 comment:

Erica said...

i have been considering making a whole wheat pizza crust. i may brave this recipe, after the move.