Saturday, June 30, 2007
We spent the day in Hot Springs. It really is my favorite way to spend the 4th. I think it is a day to swim and be a little lazy and eat meals at times you would not normally eat them- it was a good day. The only sad part is the boys were so tired by the time we left that we missed out on fireworks, which I do love. Still lots of fun, so happy 4th, hope your day was just what you needed it to be.
PS Thanks Nate for the song, We do miss you and your love of the USA.
Friday, June 29, 2007
We just arrived home last night from a little trip to Kansas City, just in time for our BAM pick up. This is very important to me because picking up the basket is really half the fun. The boys and I went to pick it up and also get some lunch. We ended up killing some time waiting for a raspberry drop off and I am happy to report it was well worth the wait. Now to get down to business here is what we got his month....
1 pint blackberries
1 pint raspberries
6 ears of corn
bag of veggies (peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, squash)
1 lb. cheese
1 lb. buffalo ground beef, I don't know what that means, but I am sure it is wonderful.
Yummy, it's not to late, go get it- you know you want to. Happy eating!
Saturday, June 23, 2007
my movie list. categories are the hardest for me. so cut me some slack and know i have lots of different influences in this category...
10 best movies for me representing different categories and huge things that were either very original, well-done, or influential in my life... you get the idea:
Shakespeare in Love
Romeo and Juliet
Can't Hardly Wait
Good Will Hunting
Kicking and Screaming (1995--no will farrell on this list)
movies you should have seen (so with the appropriate content warning, you should really just dump all of these on your netflix queue and thank me later... if you don't like me after the first 5 than we have different taste in movies and you should delete the rest):
On a Clear Day
Sidewalks in New York
The United States of Leland
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Playing By Heart
Kicking and Screaming
Waiting for Guffman
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Since You've Been Gone
Thank You For Smoking
If Lucy Fell
An Ideal Husband
Playing by Heart
Music From Another Room
In conclusion, movies like Casino Royale, Gladiator, Braveheart are all wonderful movies, but they just don't quite make my list because they are too mainstream, too hyped up, or just didn't hit me just right. Happy viewing! ---Pete
Friday, June 22, 2007
We did some eating, playing, swimming- all around a good break from the norm. I say that and then think eating, playing and swimming are kind of what we always do, but this was a change of atmosphere.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
I always thought if SJP made a line it would either be in a store I couldn't afford or so weird I couldn't wear it. My only hope was H&M, that maybe like Madonna she would design some things that would be sold for an affordable price at H&M, which is a great store, but only in large cities. That is actually what this is like. Steve and Barry's is nothing I would write home about, but then there is the oasis that is Bitten. Cute tops, great T's, shoes, jewelry, bags. Enough advertising, I'm just saying check it out if you come across a Steve and Barry's or at bittensjp.com.
Saturday, June 9, 2007
7. I am afraid of computers. Not in the way where I have bad dreams about them, but I don't know how to use them and so they scare me.
6. I don't like to go in the bathroom with my shoes on. I do like to wear them in public bathrooms.
5. I eat saltine crackers with mayonnaise. I also like hot dogs.
4. I can touch my tongue to my nose. My stupid human trick.
3. I can't wear brown and black together. It use to be a fashion no no, but now it is okay. I just can't do it.
2. I can't spell. I find this weird because I did graduate from college and you would think spelling would really be learned at some point. Also weird because I did pretty well in my fourth grade spelling bee. I also use this as justification for not being able to home school my kids. ( I would not have been able to correctly spell the words mayonnaise, lately, or justification without spellcheck)
1. I just don't think i am that weird. Probably the weirdest thing on the list.
Now I am suppose to tag some other people to do this, because of number 7 I really don't know how to do that thing where I put someones name and you can click it and go straight to them, so I will just say please make a list if you would like, I will read it.