Thursday, October 14, 2010

Disney Day 1

 We headed out of NLR on a Tuesday evening, almost a month ago, to spend the night in Memphis and catch an early morning direct flight to Orlando.....so I guess this is really day 2, but day 1 at Disney. We arrived at MCO around noon with two anxious kiddos. Luckily because Disney is amazing and has every little detail covered we did not even have to wait on our bags. We headed straight to our hotel and hopped on the monorail to Magic Kingdom. I think we were on our first ride by 2 o'clock.
Amanda and I are Disney crazy (think between the two of us we are around 20 visits) and we had planned the days with colored coated charts and plans for what to see and what days to see it. We started the day with the Buzz Lightyear ride, a crowd favorite. If you zoom in on the pictures of the picture below you can see that my mom and I are taking it very seriously.
 
 Next we headed to the Tea Cups, this was my absolute favorite ride as a child. We were super lucky with small crowds. We rode this 2 or three times this first day.
 These pictures aren't great technically speaking, but I love them! These kiddos were having the time of their lives.
 This was our first time to do the Disney Dining plan and I think C's favorite part was all the dessert. He got to have ice cream every day.
 The above picture is important because I think it might be the only time in my life I have seen my mom on a roller coaster....even if it is in the kiddie land it still counts.
On our first day we were lucky enough to meet Reese's favorite character, Stitch, and Campbell's favorites, Chip & Dale. And we got to meet every one's favorites, Mickey and Minnie.
 Campbell and Reese were really up for anything! They loved all things fast and as soon as they were over they were both asking to go again.
 We got to see and do so much that first day and were out of the park by 7 to go to our super yummy dinner at The Wave.

I have not blogged in a month....crazy how the time flies. I am committed to blogging about this wonderful trip. We took Wilson and Dylan when they were 5 and had such a great time with these 2 five year olds.

No comments: