Thursday, August 23, 2007

August BAM

It is the weekend for the August Basket of the Month. We went this morning and got our basket and a few treats from Boulevard. After we left I tried to explain to Wilson and Campbell why it is important that we shop at the river market and buy things from Arkansas farmers. I feel like 50% of what comes out of my mouth is wasted breath, it's probably more like 75%, but I'm working on it.
This is a picture I took a few years ago at the market, but it fit because we did get several peppers today and.....
3 lb. sweet potatoes
1 1/2 multicolored new potatoes
jalapenos
roasted sweet peppers
spring mix
grapes
muscadines
butternut squash
cantaloupe
speckled butter beans
honey
whole wheat pasta
cheese, now certified organic
eggs
fresh side bacon, this is bacon with no nitrates or nitrites---by the way i have no clue what that means, but I just shook my head as he explained. I'll let you know how it goes over.

No comments: