Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday

Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.



The first time I remember experiencing the Holy Spirit was in watching someone hold their body in the shape of a cross while telling the story of the crucifiction. Seems so simple, but it was the most beautiful picture to me. It took the cross, that I didn't give much thought to, and let me see it for what it was. I had and still do incounter a cross without thinking of the cross. The cross carried by Christ that was weighted down with the sins of the world, my sin. So today on Good Friday I decided to focus on the cross, they are all around us, and on what Christ did for me. I am still trying to understand what that fully means, but resting in the knowledge that he is giving me.


Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.




Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

No comments: